Two crumbling piers more than years old stand out in to sea at Kozhikode beach pondering the glorious trade this beach witnessed in yester years. This beach is easily accessible from the city and is at best during sunset
Kadalundy Birds Santuary
It is home to more than hundred varieties of native birds and over 60 species if migratory birds. This sanctuary is also known for a wide variety of fish, mussels and crabs.
Mananchira, in the heart of Calicut city, has been revamped into beautiful park & pond. This large maidanam has now a green carpet lawn and the whole complex is circled by a laterite sculpted wall.
The river is connected to river Chaliyar on south by a manmade canal. The kallai is one of the most important rivers in the entire state, in the commercial point of view, river bank is one of the main centre of the timber trade.
This beach is where vasco-da-gama landed in 1498, A monument on the beach commemorates this historic event. An interesting feature of this landscape is sprawling rock that protrudes in the sea. This beach is locally known as kappakadavu
Tali Siva Temple
The Tali Siva temple was one of the two Brahmanical royal temples patronized by the Zamorin (the other being the Valayanaattu Kavu) and to this day remains one of the most important spiritual and cultural centres in Kozhikode. The temple’s date of origin is uncertain but was most likely built during the foundation of the city itself in the 12th century or before
Sarovaram is an eco-friendly bio-park in Kozhikode city. It is a project meant for conservation of the wetlands through eco-friendly tourism interventions by sustainable methods. This is one of the 27 wetlands of natural importance identified by the Government of India for conservation under National Wetland conservation program. The major components of the project are canal walkway, boating facilities, Otter Park, Butterfly Park, bird sanctuary, aquarium, coracles, floating rafts, board-walk, park/ musical fountain, open-air theatre, Interpretation centre etc.
Mishkal Mosque is one of the oldest mosques in Kerala. The Mosque was built by an Arab merchant, Nakhooda Mishkal, nearly 650 years ago. It is located in Kuttichira, a part of Thekkepuram region in Kozhikode city. In 1510, the mosque was partially burned in a Portuguese attack. The top floors of the mosque still display some of that damage.
An Initiative of Dept of Tourism,Govt of Kerala Sargaalaya, the art & craft village at Iringal is designed as an initiative to put Kerala’s traditional arts & crafts on the tourism trail. The craft village is set up on 20 acres of land on the banks of the Moorad River, just 200 meters off Kozhikode – Kannur National Highway near Vatakara. The craft village has 27 cottages where, a hundred or even more artisans can work. Apart from showcasing crafts & craftsmen from across Kerala, Sargaalaya has a Crafts Design & Technology development centre that provides training for craftsmen on the latest techniques of production & encourages innovation in the traditional system.
CSI Cathedral Church-Kozhikode
The Church of South India (CSI) Cathedral Church is a landmark of Kozhikode City and a symbol of the contributions of the German missionaries of the Basel Mission in India.